- 1 Can you share WIFI from one phone to another?
- 2 How can I share my wifi password?
- 3 How can I share Internet from iPhone without hotspot?
- 4 Can I share WiFi through Hotspot?
- 5 How can I share my WiFi without password?
- 6 How do I turn on WIFI password sharing on iPhone?
- 7 How can I share my wifi password with my phone?
- 8 How can I show my WIFI password on my iPhone?
- 9 Can you share data without hotspot?
- 10 How do I share my data with another phone?
- 11 Does iPhone have USB tethering?
- 12 How can I share WIFI from my computer to my phone?
- 13 How can I share WIFI from my phone to laptop?
You can use your phone’s mobile data to connect another phone, tablet, or computer to the internet. Sharing a connection this way is called tethering or using a hotspot. Some phones can share Wi-Fi connection by tethering. Most Android phones can share mobile data by Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or USB.
In Android 10, here’s how to share your Wi-Fi credentials via a QR code.
- Head to Settings, then Network & internet, then your Wi-Fi network’s name and tap the gear to the right of your network.
- In the Network details window, tap the blue Share button on the right.
Generally, open the Settings icon and navigate to the Wireless &Networks option. On iOS devices, you will have to open the General option and then tap Network to access the Personal Hotspot option. On the other hand, android users will open the Tethering & Portable Hotspot to access the Bluetooth tethering option.
Most Android phones can share mobile data through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or USB. Sharing phone’s data this way is called tethering or using a hotspot. Most Android phones can share mobile data through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or USB.
There are couple of ways to share WiFi without giving out the WiFi password, for instance – guest network, WPS, using QR code or NFC. Alternatively, if nothing works you can always type the code into their device. On Android, there is no way to see saved WiFi password once you are connected to that network.
How do I turn on WIFI password sharing on iPhone?
How to share your Wi-Fi password
- Make sure that your device (the one sharing the password) is unlocked and connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Select the Wi-Fi network on the device you want to connect.
- On your device, tap Share Password, then tap Done.
When you want to give the password to an Android device, simply open the QR code on your iPhone and scan it with the Android. You can scan it with your camera or a dedicated QR scanner app. A message may pop up on the Android to confirm network connection.
How can I show my WIFI password on my iPhone?
How to Find the Wi-Fi Password for Your Personal Hotspot
- Tap Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap Personal Hotspot.
- Look at the Wi-Fi Password menu. This is the password to your Personal Hotspot. Give that to people who want to connect to your iPhone over Wi-Fi.
In fact, there is no need to enable a hotspot service using your cell phone carrier. Even without a data connection, you can still turn your old smartphone into a Wi-Fi hotspot. All you have to do is manipulate Wi-Fi tethering in order to create a Local Area Network (or LAN).
Sharing a connection this way is called tethering or using a hotspot. Some phones can share Wi-Fi connection by tethering.
Turn on your hotspot
- On the other device, open that device’s list of Wi-Fi options.
- Pick your phone’s hotspot name.
- Enter your phone’s hotspot password.
- Click Connect.
Does iPhone have USB tethering?
From the Home screen, tap Settings > Personal Hotspot. If you don’t see Personal Hotspot, tap Carrier and you will see it. Tap the switch next to Personal Hotspot to turn on. Connect your device to the computer using the USB cable.
Follow these steps to set up Internet tethering:
- Connect the phone to a computer or laptop by using the USB cable.
- Open the Settings app.
- Choose More, and then choose Tethering & Mobile Hotspot.
- Place a check mark by the USB Tethering item.
To set up Wi-Fi tethering:
- Open Settings > Network & internet > Hotspot & tethering.
- Tap Portable hotspot (called Wi-Fi hotspot on some phones).
- At the next screen, switch the slider On.
- You can then adjust options for the network on this page.