- 1 Where does iTunes Store iPhone backup?
- 2 Does iTunes keep old iPhone backups?
- 3 How do I retrieve iPhone backup files?
- 4 What does iTunes iPhone backup include?
- 5 Are messages backed up on iTunes?
- 6 How long do iPhone backups last?
- 7 Is it better to backup iPhone to iCloud or iTunes?
- 8 How do I backup my iPhone without using iTunes?
- 9 Can you access iPhone backup files?
- 10 How do I find encrypted iPhone backup files?
- 11 How do I access old backups?
- 12 Does iPhone backup on iTunes include photos?
- 13 How do I view text messages from iTunes backup?
- 14 How long does an iPhone backup take iTunes?
Where does iTunes Store iPhone backup?
iTunes backups are stored in %APPDATA%Apple ComputerMobileSync on Windows. On Windows 10, 8, 7 or Vista, this’ll be a path like Users[USERNAME]AppDataRoamingApple ComputerMobileSyncBackup.
Does iTunes keep old iPhone backups?
Basically, iTunes will save one backup for a device. As the link that Rudegar shows, you can manually archive backups if you wish, but you need to initiate the archiving yourself. If you have a machine backup like Time Machine on a Mac, you can find a backup from a previous date.
How do I retrieve iPhone backup files?
Go to File → Devices → Restore from backup in iTunes’ menu. If you have multiple backups, choose the backup you want to retrieve from the drop-down menu, and click “Restore”. You can also click on the device icon, which will open a summary window where you can click “Restore Backup“.
What does iTunes iPhone backup include?
You should know that iTunes backup includes most of the local data on your iPhone like photos, messages, contacts,call logs, iPhone settings, local files of apps, Keychain data, etc. To save space and time, data that could be downloaded from the server would not be included.
Are messages backed up on iTunes?
Similar to iCloud, backing up with iTunes or the Finder doesn’t let you view your messages that get saved in the backup or organize them in any way. They’re saved as part of the entire contents of your phone.
How long do iPhone backups last?
When your device is backed up in iCloud, you can easily set up a new device or restore information on one you already have. To let iCloud automatically back up your device, here’s what you need to do. If you disable or stop using iCloud Backup, your last backup is stored for 180 days.
Is it better to backup iPhone to iCloud or iTunes?
So which is better: backing up to iCloud or to your Mac? Actually, it’s best to use both. Having a local backup is much more efficient; if you have to restore your device, you’ll save a lot of time restoring it from your local backup.
How do I backup my iPhone without using iTunes?
How to back up with iCloud
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.
- Go to Settings > [your name], and tap iCloud.
- Tap iCloud Backup.
- Tap Back Up Now. Stay connected to your Wi-Fi network until the process completes.
Can you access iPhone backup files?
Click your device. In the Finder, under the General tab, click Manage Backups to see a list of your backups. From here, you can right-click on the backup that you want, then choose Show in Finder, or you can select Delete or Archive.
How do I find encrypted iPhone backup files?
Follow these steps to decrypt your encrypted iTunes backup:
- Download iPhone Backup Extractor. Download iPhone Backup Extractor from our site, then install it.
- Load your encrypted iTunes / iOS backup. Start iPhone Backup Extractor and wait until the backups from your computer are loaded.
- Save your data.
How do I access old backups?
How to access your iPhone backups on a Mac through iTunes
- To access your backups, simply go to iTunes > Preferences. Go to your Preferences in iTunes.
- When the Preferences box pops up, select Devices.
- Here you’ll see all of your currently stored backups.
- Select “Show in Finder” and you can copy the backup.
Does iPhone backup on iTunes include photos?
Hi, An iTunes backup will save nearly everything on the iPhone including pictures on the camera roll, just as long as the photos were not downloaded from the computer but taken directly from the iPhone’s camera. For more info on backups, see About backups for iOS devices.
How do I view text messages from iTunes backup?
To access texts from an iPhone Backup, first open iExplorer, then click Explore Backups. From the left column, under the Browse iTunes Backups section, select the backup you want to use. Then within that backup select, Messages.
How long does an iPhone backup take iTunes?
Should take approximately 15-20 mins depending on your wifi or internet connection speed. Depends whether you backup to iCloud or to iTunes. Backing up that amount of data to iTunes usually takes about a couple of minutes or so.. depending on the speed of your computer.