- 1 How do I completely wipe my iPhone?
- 2 Does resetting iPhone delete everything?
- 3 How do I clear my iPhone before selling it?
- 4 How do I erase my iPhone without passcode?
- 5 Does resetting iPhone delete Apple ID?
- 6 Does erase all content and settings delete everything?
- 7 How do I disable my iPhone?
- 8 Should I remove SIM before selling iPhone?
- 9 How do I force my iPhone to factory reset?
How do I completely wipe my iPhone?
Erase all content and settings from iPhone
- Go to Settings > General > Reset. If you’re asked to enter your passcode and you’ve forgotten it, see Reset the passcode. If you’re asked to enter your Apple ID password and you’ve forgotten it, see the Recover your Apple ID website.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
Does resetting iPhone delete everything?
Factory reset or hard reset deletes complete data and settings from your iPhone. All your photos, videos, contacts, call logs, passwords, messages, browsing history, calendar, chat history, notes, installed apps, etc., get deleted from the iOS device.
How do I clear my iPhone before selling it?
Share All sharing options for: How to wipe your iPhone before selling or trading it in
- Open up Settings.
- Scroll down and tap “General”
- Scroll down and select “Reset”
- Tap “Erase All Content and Settings”
How do I erase my iPhone without passcode?
To erase iPhone without passcode using iCloud:
- Go to iCloud.com and enter your Apple ID and password. Or open the Find My [device] app on another Apple device that uses the same Apple ID as the one you use on the locked iPhone.
- Locate and erase the device.
- Wait for the process to finish.
Does resetting iPhone delete Apple ID?
It isn’t true. Erase all content and settings wipes the phone and returns it to it’s out of the box condition. Finally Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
Does erase all content and settings delete everything?
There are 9 steps to take to make sure your device is cleaned up and ready to sell to its next owner. Here they are…  Erase All Content And Settings. Hitting the Reset button leaves the former contents of your device all but completely impossible to recover by a subsequent owner.
How do I disable my iPhone?
Press and hold the Side (or Top) button until the power off slider appears. Drag the slider to turn off your iPhone. Then connect your iPhone to your computer while holding the Home button. Keep holding the Home button until you see the recovery mode screen.
Should I remove SIM before selling iPhone?
Remove Your SIM Card
Every SIM card has a unique number called an ICCID that is specific to you and your wireless account. That’s why it’s best practice to remove and dispose of your old SIM card before selling it. The new user can attain a new one from their carrier in-store or online.
How do I force my iPhone to factory reset?
With your phone backed up and all of your accounts removed, factory reset it by following these steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- Select General.
- Scroll to the bottom and select Reset.
- Select Erase All Content and Settings.