- 1 Why are my text messages coming in out of order?
- 2 How do I fix the order of text messages on my iPhone?
- 3 How do I change my text message settings?
- 4 Why is one contact at the top of my messages?
- 5 How do I get my iPhone to show the date on text messages?
- 6 How do I customize my iPhone messages?
- 7 Why are my iMessages showing up as email?
- 8 How do I get my messages back to normal?
- 9 How do I change my text messages to private on iPhone?
- 10 How do you hide text message on iPhone?
- 11 Can you pin text messages on iPhone?
Why are my text messages coming in out of order?
If your text messages aren’t being displayed in the proper order, this is due to having the wrong timestamps on the text messages. To fix this issue: Go to Settings > Date and time. Make sure “Automatic date and time” and “Automatic time zone” are checked ✓.
How do I fix the order of text messages on my iPhone?
Now let’s start running down the list and try these potential fixes to resolve your problem and get your iPhone messages in proper sequential order again:
- Turn iMessage Off and Back On.
- Force Close Messages App.
- Check Date & Time Settings.
- Force Restart iPhone.
- Try Airplane Mode.
- Update Your iPhone.
- Reset All Settings.
How do I change my text message settings?
Text Message Notification Settings – Android™
- From the messaging app, tap the Menu icon.
- Tap ‘Settings‘ or ‘Messaging‘ settings.
- If applicable, tap ‘Notifications’ or ‘Notification settings‘.
- Configure the following received notification options as preferred:
- Configure the following ringtone options:
Why is one contact at the top of my messages?
Answer: A: Just FYI – That is Pin a text contact to the top feature that you may have accidentally activated. You can keep pinning other members of your Messages app as well for easy access. You can remove the Pinned contacts by Touching and Resting your finger on the pinned contact icon.
How do I get my iPhone to show the date on text messages?
Answer: A: The *time* will be to the right of each message bubble drag the screen right to left to see the time. The *date* will be displayed above each messages bubble but the date itself does not display unless the message was sent one week ago from the current day.
How do I customize my iPhone messages?
On the “Settings” screen, tap “Phone”. Tap “Respond with Text” on the “Phone” settings screen. On the “Respond with Text” screen, tap on the response you want to replace. Type your custom response.
Why are my iMessages showing up as email?
Go to your iPhone’s settings. Go to your phone’s iMessage section, then tap on the Send and Receive section. Simply click on the option which shows the New Conversation From. Tap the phone number instead of showing the email.
How do I get my messages back to normal?
To go back to the original default app (or any third-party SMS app you have installed), here are the steps:
- Open up Hangouts.
- Tap the settings button (top right corner)
- Tap SMS Enabled.
- If you don’t find the listing for Default SMS app (such as with the HTC M8), tap More.
- Tap Default SMS app.
How do I change my text messages to private on iPhone?
How to hide alerts to new Messages
- Go to Settings > Notifications and scroll down until you find Messages.
- In the Messages section scroll down to Show Previews. By default this will be set to Always. Tap on that and choose: Never. This will mean keep the alert private even if your iPhone isn’t locked.
How do you hide text message on iPhone?
How to Hide Text Messages on iPhone
- Go to your iPhone Settings.
- Find Notifications.
- Scroll down and find Messages.
- Under the Options section.
- Change to Never (message will not show on lock screen) or When Unlocked (more useful since you likely would be actively using the phone)
Can you pin text messages on iPhone?
Launch the Messages app on your iPhone or iPad. In your message list, tap Edit in the top-left corner of the screen. Tap the Edit Pins option in the pop-up menu. Tap the yellow pin icon on the right side of the conversation that you want to pin to the top.