- 1 Where is the home button on my iPhone?
- 2 What is a Home button?
- 3 What is the Home button on iPhone called?
- 4 Where is my home button?
- 5 How do I navigate my iPhone without home button?
- 6 Can the home button on an iPhone be fixed?
- 7 Why did Apple remove the home button?
- 8 Does iPhone Home button break easily?
- 9 Does iPhone 12 have a home button?
- 10 How do I get my iPhone off of silent mode?
- 11 How do I customize my iPhone home button?
- 12 What is Home button haptic?
- 13 Where is the home button on iPhone 7?
- 14 How do I get rid of the home button on my iPhone?
To add the home button function on-screen, turn on AssistiveTouch in the Accessibility section of Settings. To use the home button, tap the AssistiveTouch button and then tap the home button when it appears in the pop-out menu.
(1) A button on a smartphone, tablet or other electronic device that takes the user to the start screen (home screen). The button may be physical hardware or displayed on the touchscreen (“virtual” home button). In many applications, a home button icon is also used to go to the starting point.
AssistiveTouch is a feature in the accessibility settings (under the “general” section) of iOS that puts a floating, virtual home button on your screen that you can drag wherever you want. You can configure the button to perform four different actions based on whether you tap, double tap, 3D Touch, or hold it down.
The button isn’t gone forever, just follow these steps to get it back. Fire up Chrome, click the menu icon, and then click on “Settings.” Alternatively, you can type chrome://settings/ into the Omnibox to go directly there. Scroll down and under the Appearance heading, toggle “Show Home Button” on.
To navigate without the home button, you will want to enable AssistiveTouch. This can be done by going to Settings > General > Accessibility, and scroll until you see AssistiveTouch*. You will want to turn that on.
Find Out How to Replace the Home Button Yourself
If your iPhone is less than a year old, it might still be covered by Apple’s one-year warranty. That means you can make an appointment at the Genius Bar in your nearest Apple Store to have them repair your Home button for free.
To answer the question: Apple removed the home button because it prevented them from making a full-screen bezel-less display, and they were able to do it because users understand smartphones well enough to use the bottom-swipe as an alternative to a mechanical button.
The main reason is that the home button breaks relatively easy,” commented LeoB.
As you may have noticed, your iPhone 12 has no home button.
How do I get my iPhone off of silent mode?
All iPhones and some iPads have a ring / silent switch on the left side of the device (above the volume buttons). Move the switch in way that the switch does not have an orange background color as the image below. In such a case, you can use the control center to turn mute OFF.
How to change the Home Button’s click intensity
- Launch Settings from your Home screen.
- Tap General.
- Tap Home Button.
- Tap 1, 2, or 3. You can press the Home button each time to test how each setting feels.
- Tap Done in the top right corner when you’re satisfied with the intensity.
Haptics! Behind the iPhone 7 Home button is Apple’s Taptic Engine, which is now both greatly enlarged over the previous year’s design (as shown below in the iFixit teardown), and enhanced to provide much more accurate and precise patterns of rumbling vibration feedback, referred to haptics.
A poster on the forums at Apple-tracking site MacRumors published an image of a virtual Home Button sitting at the bottom of the the iPhone 7’s screen. Above it, iOS displays a warning reading the “Home Button may need service,” adding that the “onscreen Home Button” could be used in the meantime.
Of course you can also turn off the onscreen Home button in iOS too if you decide you don’t like it, or don’t need it: Open the “Settings” app in iOS. Go to “General” and then choose “Accessibility” and then tap on “AssistiveTouch:” Toggle the “AssistiveTouch” switch to OFF position.