- 1 What does reset all settings do on iPhone 7 Plus?
- 2 How do I factory reset my iPhone 7 plus without passcode?
- 3 How do I factory reset my iPhone 7 Plus with buttons?
- 4 How do I force my iPhone to factory reset?
- 5 Does reset all settings remove Apple ID?
- 6 What do you lose when you reset your iPhone?
- 7 How do I reset my iPhone 7 without the Apple ID password?
- 8 How do you unlock an iPhone 7 if you forgot the password?
- 9 How do you reset your iPhone if you forgot the passcode?
- 10 Why won’t my iPhone 7 do a hard reset?
- 11 Does a hard reset on iPhone 7 erase everything?
- 12 Is there another way to reset an iPhone?
- 13 What does a hard reset do?
What does reset all settings do on iPhone 7 Plus?
Reset All Settings: All settings—including network settings, the keyboard dictionary, the Home Screen layout, location settings, privacy settings, and Apple Pay cards—are removed or reset to their defaults. No data or media are deleted. Reset Network Settings: All network settings are removed.
How do I factory reset my iPhone 7 plus without passcode?
Enter your Apple ID and password – you do not need your iPhone passcode, but you will need access to your Apple account. Select your iPhone from the drop-down list of devices. Click “Erase iPhone” and then confirm your decision. You can now access your iPhone, create a new passcode, and restore your data.
Hold down the Volume Down button on the left side of the device and the Sleep/Wake button on the right side of the device at the same time. Now, hold the buttons for approximately 10 seconds until the screen goes dark and an Apple logo appears on the screen. Release the buttons and wait while you iPhone restarts.
How do I force my iPhone to factory reset?
With your phone backed up and all of your accounts removed, factory reset it by following these steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- Select General.
- Scroll to the bottom and select Reset.
- Select Erase All Content and Settings.
Does reset all settings remove Apple ID?
It isn’t true. Erase all content and settings wipes the phone and returns it to it’s out of the box condition.
What do you lose when you reset your iPhone?
Resetting your iPhone basically erases all of your personal information from the phone. The factory settings will, however, be retained.
How do I reset my iPhone 7 without the Apple ID password?
If you want to reset your iPhone without having to enter your Apple ID when your ‘Find My iPhone‘ feature is also turned off, you can do so by entering the Recovery mode. This mode allows you to completely reset your iOS device without entering the Apple ID.
How do you unlock an iPhone 7 if you forgot the password?
It can be turned on by tapping Settings > General > Passcode Lock. If you cannot remember the passcode, you will need to restore your device using the computer with which you last synced it [or iCloud]. This allows you to reset your passcode and resync the data from the device (or restore from a backup).
How do you reset your iPhone if you forgot the passcode?
Options if You Forgot Your iPhone Password
- Connect your iPhone to the computer you use to backup your device.
- In the iTunes iPhone Management screen, select the “Restore” button.
- You will be prompted to enter your iTunes account information.
- Select the backup to be used for the restore.
Why won’t my iPhone 7 do a hard reset?
If your power button or volume down button is broken, you may not be able to perform a hard reset on your iPhone 7 or 7 Plus. If your iPhone is still under warranty, the Apple Store may cover the cost of the repair for you. Go to Apple’s support page to set up an appointment at your local Apple Store.
Does a hard reset on iPhone 7 erase everything?
A hard reset will NOT erase ANY data. Press both the on button on the side of your phone plus a volume button an d don’t release until you see the Apple logo.
Is there another way to reset an iPhone?
To reset an iPhone to factory settings, start by opening Settings and tapping General -> Reset. Next, tap Erase All Content and Settings. When the pop-up appears on the screen, tap Erase Now. You’ll be prompted to entered your passcode and confirm your decision.
What does a hard reset do?
A hard reset, also known as a factory reset or master reset, is the restoration of a device to the state it was in when it left the factory. All settings, applications and data added by the user are removed. Hard reset contrasts with soft reset, which just means to restart a device.