- 1 How do I hard reset my iPhone 7?
- 2 How do I factory reset my iPhone 7 Without the passcode?
- 3 How do I force my iPhone to factory reset?
- 4 How do I reset my iPhone 7 without deleting everything?
- 5 Does a hard reset on iPhone 7 erase everything?
- 6 Why won’t my iPhone 7 do a hard reset?
- 7 Can you factory reset a locked iPhone without a computer?
- 8 How do I wipe my iPhone without the passcode?
- 9 How do you wipe an iPhone without the passcode?
- 10 How do you reset a locked iPhone?
- 11 What does a hard reset do?
- 12 Does hard reset delete everything iPhone?
- 13 What happens when you reset all settings on an iPhone 7?
- 14 How do I factory reset my iPhone 7 without a computer?
- 15 What do you lose when you reset your iPhone?
How do I hard reset my iPhone 7?
Hold down the Volume Down button on the left side of the device and the Sleep/Wake button on the right side of the device at the same time. Now, hold the buttons for approximately 10 seconds until the screen goes dark and an Apple logo appears on the screen. Release the buttons and wait while you iPhone restarts.
How do I factory reset my iPhone 7 Without the passcode?
On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Make sure that your device is updated to iOS 13.4 or iPadOS 13.4 or later.
- Go to Settings > Screen Time.
- Tap Change Screen Time Passcode, then tap Change Screen Time Passcode again.
- Tap Forgot Passcode?
- Enter the Apple ID and password* that you used to set up the Screen Time passcode.
How do I force my iPhone to factory reset?
With your phone backed up and all of your accounts removed, factory reset it by following these steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- Select General.
- Scroll to the bottom and select Reset.
- Select Erase All Content and Settings.
How do I reset my iPhone 7 without deleting everything?
To reset the settings on your device go to Settings >> General then scroll down and tap the Reset button at the bottom. On the Reset screen tap Reset All Settings – Not Erase All Content and Settings – then you’ll need to verify you want to do it twice. It should only take a couple of minutes at most.
Does a hard reset on iPhone 7 erase everything?
A hard reset will NOT erase ANY data. Press both the on button on the side of your phone plus a volume button an d don’t release until you see the Apple logo.
Why won’t my iPhone 7 do a hard reset?
If your power button or volume down button is broken, you may not be able to perform a hard reset on your iPhone 7 or 7 Plus. If your iPhone is still under warranty, the Apple Store may cover the cost of the repair for you. Go to Apple’s support page to set up an appointment at your local Apple Store.
Can you factory reset a locked iPhone without a computer?
Log into the Find My iPhone site via iCloud. Enter your Apple ID and password – you do not need your iPhone passcode, but you will need access to your Apple account. Click “Erase iPhone” and then confirm your decision. You can now access your iPhone, create a new passcode, and restore your data.
How do I wipe my iPhone without the passcode?
According to Apple; the official method to erase and reset an iPhone or iPad if you don’t know the screen time passcode is to plug it into a computer running iTunes, sign into iTunes using a parent’s account, then click on the icon for the device and click Restore.
How do you wipe an iPhone without the passcode?
To erase iPhone without passcode using iCloud:
- Go to iCloud.com and enter your Apple ID and password. Or open the Find My [device] app on another Apple device that uses the same Apple ID as the one you use on the locked iPhone.
- Locate and erase the device.
- Wait for the process to finish.
How do you reset a locked iPhone?
Perform a hard reset on your phone by holding down the sleep/wake button and the Home button at the same time. Hold the buttons until the “Connect to iTunes” screen appears. On your computer, choose “Restore” from the iTunes screen. This will delete all data from your phone.
What does a hard reset do?
A hard reset, also known as a factory reset or master reset, is the restoration of a device to the state it was in when it left the factory. All settings, applications and data added by the user are removed. Hard reset contrasts with soft reset, which just means to restart a device.
Does hard reset delete everything iPhone?
The iPhone Hard Reset
Like the soft reset, it does not delete data, so it is safe to do without backing up the phone. The hard reset is considered a more extreme or powerful option than the soft version.
What happens when you reset all settings on an iPhone 7?
Reset All Settings: All settings—including network settings, the keyboard dictionary, the Home Screen layout, location settings, privacy settings, and Apple Pay cards—are removed or reset to their defaults. No data or media are deleted. Wi-Fi is turned off and then back on, disconnecting you from any network you‘re on.
How do I factory reset my iPhone 7 without a computer?
For iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Firstly, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
- You can release both buttons after the Apple logo appears.
- Wait for a few seconds until your iPhone boots up and you will see the home screen.
What do you lose when you reset your iPhone?
Resetting your iPhone basically erases all of your personal information from the phone. The factory settings will, however, be retained.