- 1 How do I get rid of messages saved on my iPhone?
- 2 How do I delete messages saved to storage?
- 3 How do you delete autofill messages on iPhone?
- 4 How do you permanently delete text messages?
- 5 How do I delete old messages from my iPhone?
- 6 Are deleted text messages stored anywhere?
- 7 Does deleting text messages free up space?
- 8 What should I delete when my phone storage is full?
- 9 Will clearing storage delete text messages?
- 10 How do I delete AutoFill information?
- 11 How do I stop my iPhone from changing words?
- 12 How do I delete my keyboard history?
- 13 Where do deleted texts go iPhone?
- 14 Are deleted text messages gone forever?
- 15 How long do deleted text messages stay on iPhone?
How do I get rid of messages saved on my iPhone?
On your iPhone:
- Go to the “Settings” app and tap on “General.”
- Tap “Storage & iCloud Usage,” then “Manage Storage” below the iCloud section.
- Select the device you wish to delete under “Backups.”
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and hit “Delete Backup.”
- Tap “Turn Off & Delete” and the backup will be erased.
How do I delete messages saved to storage?
Both Apple and Android phones allow you to auto-delete old messages. To enable this feature in iOS, go to Settings > Messages and scroll down until you see Message History. Then, tap Keep Messages and change Forever to 30 Days or 1 Year. Immediately after, you’ll be prompted to delete older messages.
How do you delete autofill messages on iPhone?
To reset your keyboard dictionary, head into your iPhone’s settings and tap on General. Scroll down till you see Reset and tap on Reset Keyboard Dictionary. You’ll then be prompted to enter your passcode (if you have one set) and then have the option to fully reset the predictive words from showing up.
How do you permanently delete text messages?
How to Permanently Delete Text Messages on Android Phone
- Tap the required messages.
- Tap delete symbol and afterward select the messages inside of the conversation you need to erase.
- Tap Delete and tap OK.
- Then chosen individual messages will be erased.
How do I delete old messages from my iPhone?
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- In a message conversation, touch and hold the message bubble or attachment that you want to delete.
- Tap More.
- Tap Trash, then tap Delete Message. If you want to delete all messages in the thread tap Delete All, in the upper-left corner. Then tap Delete Conversation.
Are deleted text messages stored anywhere?
This is definitely true. All those files are hidden somewhere in the hard drive, waiting to be retrieved… or replaced. This is exactly what happens with Android phones as well. Everything we delete, including SMS messages, sticks around until enough time passes by and/or the space is needed to store other data.
Does deleting text messages free up space?
Delete old text messages
You’ll be surprised to see how much storage space your text messages use on your smartphone. You may not even realize those messages are being saved to your phone. Don’t worry, you can delete them. Be sure to delete messages with photos and videos first – they chew up the most space.
What should I delete when my phone storage is full?
In the app’s Application info menu, tap Storage and then tap Clear Cache to clear the app’s cache. To clear cached data from all apps, go to Settings > Storage and tap Cached data to clear the caches of all the apps on your phone.
Will clearing storage delete text messages?
clearing cache will not delete text messages, but clearing data will delete your text messages, so be sure to backup your entire phone before you clear any data.
How do I delete AutoFill information?
Delete your saved Autofill form info
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More.
- Click More tools Clear browsing data.
- Choose a time range, like “Last hour” or “All time”.
- Under “Advanced,” choose Autofill form data.
How do I stop my iPhone from changing words?
To do this, go into Settings -> General -> Keyboard -> Text Replacement.
How do I delete my keyboard history?
How to clear your Gboard history on an Android
- Open your phone’s “Settings” menu.
- Tap “System.”
- Select “Languages & input.”
- Under Keyboards, choose “Virtual keyboard.”
- Select “Gboard.”
- At the bottom of the Gboard Settings menu, choose “Advanced.”
- Scroll until you see “Delete learned words and data.” Tap it.
Where do deleted texts go iPhone?
There is no trash or recently deleted folder with the iOS messaging app. If you have a backup that would have had the deleted texts in it, you can restore the entire device from that backup. Otherwise, deleted texts are gone.
Are deleted text messages gone forever?
But even if your deleted text messages are off your carrier’s server, they may not be gone forever. But until enough new information is added to fill that memory, your old text message will remain on your device.
How long do deleted text messages stay on iPhone?
Phones used by average people on major networks like Verizon and AT&T (the carriers who support the iPhone) only keep text messages for a few days. AT&T for instance, only keeps a deleted text message for 72 hours. Verizon keeps deleted SMS messages for up to 10 days.